If you have a customer list that you want to use in ShopBase, you can enter it into a customer CSV file and then import it in your ShopBase admin. You can also use the customer CSV template to build a new customer list.
Import existing customers using the customer CSV
ShopBase provides a template file that you can use as a guide to create your own customer list to import into your store. You can download and view our customer CSV template.
1. From your ShopBase admin, click Customer
2. Click Import:
3. In the Import Customers By CSV dialog, Drag& Drop or Browse your customer CSV file:
4. If you want to update any existing customers, then click Overwrite existing customers that have the same email.
5. Click Import customers:
The customers whose records you've added to the CSV will appear on the Customers page in your ShopBase admin.
Export existing customers to a CSV file
You can export a CSV file of all your store's customers and their details, or a filtered list of customers and their details.
1. From your ShopBase admin, go to Customers.
2. Click Export.
3. Click one of the following export options:
- Current page to export the customers showing in your store admin
- All customers to export all your store's customers
- Selected customer to export customers you have selected
- Current Search to export a filtered list of customers.
4. Select which file format you want to export:
- Select CSV for Excel, Numbers, and other spreadsheet programs if you plan to use a spreadsheet program with your customer CSV.
- Select Plain CSV file if you plan to use a plain-text editor with your customer CSV.
5. Click Export customers:
Format your customer CSV file
The first line of your customer CSV must include all the headers listed below, which are included in the customer CSV template.
|First Name||The first name of the customer.|
|Last Name||The last name of the customer.|
|The email address of the customer.|
|Company||The name of the company that customer uses if applicable.|
|Address1||The first line of the customer's address.|
|Address2||The second line of the customer's address, if necessary.|
|City||The city the customer lives in.|
|Province||The province or state the customer lives in. You must also enter the Province Code if this field is completed.|
|Province Code||The province or state ISO code. Shopify uses ISO alpha 2 codes.|
|Country||The country the customer lives in.|
|Country Code||The country ISO code.Shopify uses ISO alpha 2 codes.|
|Zip||The postal or zip code for the customer's address.|
|Phone||The customer's phone number.|
|Accepts Marketing||Sets whether or not the customer agrees to subscribe to email marketing, such as a newsletter. Valid entries are |
|Total Spent||The customer's total amount spent. Valid entries must not have a currency symbol included. This field will not be imported with customer details.|
|Total Orders||The customer's total number of orders. This field will not be imported with customer details.|
|Tags||A comma-separated list of tags used to tag the customer (for example, |
|Note||Additional information about the customer.|
|Tax Exempt||Indicates if the customer is tax exempt.|
When importing customer information, your CSV file must be in UTF-8 format. Most spreadsheet applications have the ability to save CSV files in UTF-8 format with the Save As... or Export command, depending on the program.
If you need our assistance with the steps, don't hesitate to shoot an email. We are here to help!