When you use Google Ads, you may want to see detailed analytics about your ads and see whether clicks on ads led a customer to take a certain action, such as purchase on your website. ShopBase has specific feature that allows to track your purchases by adding Conversion ID and Label.
This setting will work best for your Purchases Tracking.
In this article:
A. Get Conversion ID and Label from your Google Ads account.
It is required that you have a Google AdWords account for this tracking option, click here to create an account if you have not had any.
Below is step-by-step guide to create a Purchase conversion and get the ID/Label to track on ShopBase store:
1. Go to Google Ads dashboard >> Tool and Settings >> Measurement >> Conversions
2. Add new Conversion:
3. Choose the kind of conversion as Website:
4. Finish all settings for the conversion.
Please note that some options need to be choose exactly as below list so it can be used for tracking with ShopBase:
- Category: Purchase
- Value: Use different values for each conversion
- Tag setup: Install the tag yourself
- Global site tag: The global site tag isn't installed on all your HTML pages
- Event snippet: Page load
5. Copy Conversion ID and Label
As you can see from the image above, the Conversion ID and Label can be found on Event snippet area, after the "send_to". Please copy it for later steps.
Conversion ID: AW-730978122
Conversion Label: I9S1CIKri6MBEMqux9wC
6. Finish the step by clicking Next >> Done.
B. Activate the Conversion on ShopBase store
Please go to ShopBase store admin >> Online Store >> Preferences >> Google Ads conversion tracking >> Add the Conversion ID and Label you get from step A.
Save the Settings and all is done. Future tracking results will be updated within on Adwords dashboard.
Let us know if you need any help. Our Support team will be right back.